Christmas Shoe Box
How to pack the Christmas box
- You may use a regular shoe box or preferably a plastic box with lid. Please be sure that all of your items fit inside the box and gift wrap the top of the shoe box separately from the bottom, securing the box with two strong rubber bands. Plastic boxes do not need to be wrapped but do need rub-ber bands.
- You may choose from the following age groups: AGE 2-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-14
- You may choose a Boy or Girl.
- Please securely tape a 3×5 white index card to the top of box to indicate the gender and age group & place a duplicate card inside the box facing out on one end.
Here is a suggested list of items for your boxes:
Note: Please fill the box with NEW items
Please do not put candy and bar soap in the same box. Feel free to include a Christmas card and photo of your-self in your box.
Do not include
- PLAYING CARDS
- HALLOWEEN or ALIEN ITEMS
- SPONGEBOB, LISA FRANK, POKEMAN or BRATZ ITEMS
- WAR-RELATED ITEMS
- EVIL SUPER HERO ITEMS
- SANTA CLAUS
- BOOKS IN ENGLISH
- SHARP ITEMS SUCH AS NAIL FILES
- VITAMINS OR FOOD ITEMS
- AEROSOL CANS
- USED ITEMS
Good ideas to include
- CHILDREN’S BOOKS IN SPANISH
- JESUS ITEMS
- CHRISTIAN ITEMS—CROSSES, STICKERS, PENCILS, ETC.
Where will my gift be given?
The gifts are given to several churches in Mexico, the Christian school our RDV children attend, and each student in the HHM Mexican Student Sponsorship Program.
The gifts will be given in Jesus’ name and provide an opportunity to share the love of God with these precious youngsters. These children value pencils and are excited to receive SOCKS!! Your gift will bring a smile to their face and joy to their heart. Many of the children live in pallet houses with dirt floors, no indoor plumbing or heat. Please pray for the child that will receive your box of blessings!